What do Risk Management Specialists do?
Analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
- Document, and ensure communication of, key risks.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Devise systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs.
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Develop or implement risk-assessment models or methodologies.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
- Plan, and contribute to development of, risk management systems.
- Conduct statistical analyses to quantify risk using statistical analysis software or econometric models.
- Meet with clients to answer queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios, or values-at-risk calculations.
- Devise scenario analyses reflecting possible severe market events.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Confer with traders to identify and communicate risks associated with specific trading strategies or positions.
- Analyze new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Track, measure, or report on aspects of market risk for traded issues.
- Review or draft risk disclosures for offer documents.
- Provide statistical modeling advice to other departments.
- Consult financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques.
- Determine potential environmental impacts of new products or processes on long-term growth and profitability.
- Determine potential liability related to the use of more sustainable methods of product packaging, such as biodegradable food containers.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits involved in implementing green building technologies.
- Evaluate the risks related to green investments, such as renewable energy company stocks.
Related Jobs (Risk Management Specialists)